Website Allen Institute
The mission of the Allen Institute is to unlock the complexities of bioscience and advance our knowledge to improve human health. Using an open science, multi-scale, team-oriented approach, the Allen Institute focuses on accelerating foundational research, developing standards and models, and cultivating new ideas to make a broad, transformational impact on science. The mission of the Allen Institute administration team is to provide support and structure to the scientific divisions. Coinciding with the team science approach, administration helps facilitate team learning and the overall mission of the institute. The Allen Institute is looking for a knowledgeable, detail-oriented and professional Senior Compensation Partner to join our People and Culture Total Rewards Team and fully support the employee experience with a focus on Compensation. The ideal candidate has a deep commitment for delivering excellence at every level and fosters a strong passion within themselves and others for our unique mission-based non-profit. They have a willingness to partner with colleagues in People & Culture and leaders in the organization. The Allen Institute believes that team science significantly benefits from the participation of diverse voices, experiences and backgrounds. High-quality science can only be produced when it includes different perspectives. We are committed to increasing diversity across every team and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
- Develop strong relationships with our managers and employees by providing accurate and timely information regarding compensation programs and processes
- Provide compensation support to the entire Allen Institute organization while understanding and identifying business needs and translating them into a workable solution
- Partner with the People and Culture Team along with leaders in the organization to craft compensation frameworks that are internally externally competitive
- Work with People & Culture Business Partners and Recruiters to accurately document jobs and qualifications, and conduct job analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines
- Determine job level and FLSA exemption status for new roles across the organization within set SLA of 5 business days
- Be the subject matter expert regarding compensation, job descriptions, job families and equitable pay
- Document our compensation related processes and apply a mindset of continuous improvement towards those processes
- Ensure data integrity in our compensation and benefit systems through accurate administrative processes and documentation
- Analyze organizational pay practices, survey benchmarking and make recommendations for the compensation program to ensure market competitiveness and pay equity
- Audits effectiveness of pay programs by reviewing year over year data trends and other compensation metrics
- Manage market data pricing system and update as needed
- Develop communication and training materials to support annual compensation processes
- Participate in implementing designated compensation programs/projects such as annual salary planning and increases, survey benchmarking, job families, job description development to ensure compliance with salary administration guidelines
- Conducted competitive market analysis to support annual compensation processes and multiple promotion cycles per year
- Engage cross-functionally with Finance/Payroll and other departments in the administration and oversight of compensation programs, budget and expenses
- Maintain knowledge of and analyze government regulations, program trends, and prevailing practices and market competitiveness among similar organizations
- Participate in cross-functional project and needed
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience developing and /or administrating compensation programs
- Advanced knowledge of compensation theories and best practices including job analysis and evaluation principles
- Demonstrated ability in providing guidance and counsel to leadership at all levels in the organization
- Advanced MS Office and Excel skills to include complex formulas, tables, charts, lookups, data management and modeling
- Proficiency in Word, SharePoint, Visio and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated working knowledge of applicable local, regional and federal rules and regulations as they apply to compensation related items
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP); or HRCI Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Experience with Oracle Cloud HCM, Clear Company ATS, ADP Payroll, and survey management applications
- 1 to 5 years of process documentation and process improvement implementation
- Training or experience in TQM, Six Sigma or Lean
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively meet business objectives in a cooperative and professional manner
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with clients and meet their needs
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy: ability to handle multiple tasks, shifting priorities and ambiguity while remaining flexible
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrate accurate and clear communication skills
- Excellent consultation and client service skills
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading
- Fine motor movements in fingers/hands to operate computers and other office equipment
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This role is currently able to work both remotely and onsite in a hybrid work environment. We are a Washington State employer, and the primary work location for all Allen Institute employees is 615 Westlake Ave N.; any remote work must be performed in Washington State.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- In keeping with our focus on employee safety, all employees must be up to date with vaccinations against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. All employees will be required to keep their vaccination status up to date according to CDC guidance.
- **Please note, this opportunity does not sponsor work visas and has no relocation assistance**
Annualized Salary Range
- $112,559 – $165,087*
- Final salary depends on required education for the role, experience, and level of skills relevant to the role, along with work location, where applicable.
- Employees (and their families) are eligible to enroll in benefits per eligibility rules outline in the Allen Institute’s Benefits Guide. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are also eligible to enroll in the Allen Institute’s 401k plan. Paid time off is also available as outlined in the Allen Institutes Benefits Guide. Details on the Allen Institute’s benefits offering are located at the following link to the Benefits Guide: https://alleninstitute.org/careers/benefits .
It is the policy of the Allen Institute to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Allen Institute will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
To apply for this job please visit alleninstitute.hrmdirect.com.