Website Blue Origin
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
As part of a hardworking team of diverse human resource specialists, you will be responsible for compensation for Blue. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of compensation program development and execution for the company. In this role, you will plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures to align with the company’s goals and competitive practices. You will partner with senior leadership to ensure compensation initiatives support business objectives and align with the company’s compensation philosophy. In this role, you will need to maintain in-depth compensation and industry knowledge, conduct competitive analyses, and recommend updates to remain in line with market trends. You will design creative solutions for specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans and develop strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all compensation programs. You will be responsible for ensuring that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years’ experience in Compensation, Human Resources, or Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise in compensation principles, program design, communication, and implementation
- Ability to build employee-centric rewards programs while balancing business goals and financial boundaries
- Knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to use data to influence decision-making. Advanced or expert skills in applications and systems including but not limited to Excel, HRIS systems (workflow and backend testing), survey data tools, and reporting and visualization tools
- Consultative in approach with the business and key stakeholders
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Proficiency in functionality development, testing, and utilization of HR Information Systems including Workday, Greenhouse (ATS), Visier (data analytics and visualization), Payfactors (survey and market data)
- Proficiency in process documentation and improvement tools such as Lean or Six Sigma, process flow charts (Visio), desk procedures, and navigation guides.
- WorldatWork Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification, and/or SHRM or HRCI certification
- Strong leadership and program/project management skills
- Balanced abilities to be both strategic and hands-on operational
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong communicator, both verbally and written
- Ability to work at all levels of the organization
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays.
Discretionary bonus: Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Eligibility for benefits varies by role type, please check with your recruiter for a comprehensive list of the benefits available for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.