Under the direction of the Director of Corporate HR Services, the Compensation Manager is a vital part of the Pay & Benefits team at Carmeuse Americas. This position manages salaried compensation and provides oversight for hourly compensation. This position works closely with the Americas corporate HR department, the payroll and IT departments, Carmeuse field HR professionals at plants across North America, and HR professionals in the Carmeuse global headquarters in Belgium.
Benefits & Compensation Package Includes:
- Salary range for this position is $85k-$100k as well as an annual bonus plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Group medical/pharmacy insurance options with company funded health care spending accounts
- Dental insurance & Vision insurance
- A 401k account with company matching contribution
- A robust Wellness program with financial rewards
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance (employee, spouse, and child) and additional employee long-term disability insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition benefits including professional certifications
- Employee referral program
- Manage annual salary increase and hourly wage increase processes for North America.
- Manage executive, management, and hourly incentive compensation programs.
- Manage and maintain external compensation website with employee data, jobs data, compensation survey matches, and external compensation surveys.
- Support preparation for semi-annual compensation committee meetings.
- Evaluate jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepare and maintain job classifications and salary scales.
- Participate in compensation surveys and conduct workforce analytics.
- Work with field HR professionals to develop competitive base salary and base wage proposals for new hire offers, promotions, and other personnel changes.
- Support retirement programs (pension & 401k) and HSA programs.
- Manage vendor relationships supporting compensation, retirement, and HSA programs.
- Work in SAP and Oracle HCM systems and HCM reporting tools; raise issues and trends to senior HR personnel, make recommendations and implement corrections and improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or related field.
- Three to five years of experience as a compensation analyst.
- HR certifications are preferred.
- Experience with SAP HCM or Oracle HCM is preferred.
- Knowledge of Human Resources principles and best practices in compensation including job analysis/evaluation and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel for data analysis.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Good customer service orientation
- Vendor management experience is preferred but not required
To apply for this job please visit ekiz.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.