Website City National Bank
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Reporting to the SVP, Compensation & Benefits, the Governance Compensation Consultant will support and provide counsel related to City National Bank (CNB) compensation governance policies, standards and frameworks, including the CNB Compensation Risk and Performance Adjustment Policy. This role will ensure that related policies, standards and frameworks achieve established objectives and are measured effectively. The Consultant will act as the main point of contact, coordinating with the CNB/RBC Subsidary Governance Office (SGO) and the CNB Executive Compensation Consultant and the RBC Director of Compensation Governance office to draft and coordinate all compensation related materials in support of the mandates of the RBC Compensation Sub-Group (CSG), RBC Compensation Risk Management Oversight Committee (CRMOC), CNB’s Compensation, HR and Corporate Governance Committee along with other established Committees that represent the Board Of Directors. The Consultant will ensure compensation programs, policies, initiatives and solutions reflect and are executed with good governance and sound risk management practices.
Human Resources Division
Through this role, you will have the opportunity to make a difference as a member of City National’s Human Resources (HR) team, a diverse and dynamic group focused on supporting the full lifecycle of colleagues through an exceptional workplace experience.
- Manage an efficient and effective Compensation Regulatory Compliance Center of Expertise (CoE) and maintain a strategic view to evolving the function based on business needs and evolving regulatory requirements.
- Build relationships with client groups to understand the compensation and performance related risk and control metrics within the lines of business and to institutionalize compensation processes and practices and ensure proper alignment of pay and performance and compensation risk and performance adjustment.
- Act as the primary contact and project manager for all compensation testing and examinations executed by internal and external auditors including Regulatory agencies.
- Advise client groups and HR staff on a full range of compensation related areas including regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Review and approve incoming requests for compensation governance and policy design projects across the Compensation Team in alignment with identified strategic business priorities
- Support the development of materials, reports, and presentation to support Board and Senior Management in their oversight of the compensation practices
- Manage multiple and complex compensation related projects ensuring that project goals are completed timely and efficiently.
- Develop and implement compensation processes and practices conforming with Heightened Standards requirements with evidence of a control environment along with sustainability.
- Lead the administration of the Compensation Risk and Performance Adjustment Policy and update all related policies, procedures, standards, frameworks and processes on a scheduled timeline through the year, or as necessary.
- Participate in developing enterprise guidelines for incentive compensation plan design, administration, and oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree Undergraduate degree with additional educational training/background in Finance, Law or Communications
- 10 years compensation experience in the design and implementation of compensation programs in a financial services environment, ideally providing support to executives and corporate boards.
- High proficiency with HR systems and MS Office Excel including knowledge of pivot tables, formulas and functions required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to influence and manage the direction of the Centre of Expertise (CoE) by assessing gaps and implementing initiatives
- Improved top level decision-making processes with a focus on thought leadership practices
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills including interpersonal, presentation, facilitation and written.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Advanced level HRS skills and experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Certified Compensation Profession (CCP) designation preferred.
- Previous experience working with/for regulators an asset
- Deep understanding of legal and regulatory requirements
Starting base salary: $122,535 – $208,715 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we’ve always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit careers.cnb.com.