Website H&E Equipment Services
Under the direction of the Compensation Manager, this position is responsible for providing professional level analysis and support in the administration of compensation practices, policies, and programs across all levels of the organization.
Ensures base pay and incentive programs remain competitive and conform to compensation strategy. Monitors compensation practices and programs for compliance with applicable wage and hour laws.
- Research job requirements and evaluate job positions to ensure the company is competitive in the areas of salaries and employee benefits, includes classifying jobs and technical reporting.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Interviews and surveys employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Evaluates and implements job analysis instruments and materials.
- Conducts data and cost analyses to be used in employee negotiations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Advises management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, human resource procedures, and collective agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Preferred Optional Certified Compensation Professional certification.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Workday HRIS experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Compensation concepts and principles including Salary Program Administration, Equity-Based Compensation, Job Evaluation, Market Pricing, Benchmarking, Survey Participation, Incentive Programs, and HR Regulatory Compliance
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, statistical, and mathematical skills
- Excellent communications skills (writing, listening, speaking, presentation skills)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of compensation-related data
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility as priorities change
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and work harmoniously with others to achieve results
Culture and Values:
H&E Equipment Services is one of the largest and fastest-growing rental companies in the United States. With over $1 billion in total revenue and more than 100 locations nationwide, H&E was voted one of the best places to work and one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies according to Forbes. We are the preferred supplier of rental equipment for construction, earthmoving, compaction, paving, and material handling.
Our team members make us a leader in the equipment rental industry. Their hard work and dedication create our success, and each and every employee contributes to reaching our goals and growing the business. We know how valuable good people are, which is why we invest in our workforce through training and development, and offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a friendly environment. We are looking for team players with true grit and determination that will get up every morning, striving to achieve the higher standard in all they do.
To apply for this job please visit heequipment.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.