Website Edward Jones
About-UsAt Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.Job-OverviewAs Edward Jones continues to progress along the path of a significant enterprise Human Resources transformation, the need for a new leader has emerged at the corporate center. The new Senior Director of Compensation will serve as the Center of Excellence leader focused on the strategy, design, and execution of best-in-class compensation programs for the home office associates and branch team support members. He/She will lead a team of 10 with 3 direct reports.
- Establish a compensation philosophy and strategy to enable the company to execute on its priorities and business transformation
- Develop and execute on compensation practices for all Home Office (HO) and Branch Team Support Members (BTSM) in both the US and Canada including job evaluation, salary structures, merit administration, pay benchmarking studies, etc.
- Design, maintain and administer the company job architecture, corporate short-term and long-term incentives
- Partner with division leaders, Financial Advisors, legal and finance stakeholders, vendors and other departments across the company to ensure effectiveness of base pay and variable pay systems and ensure that programs meet legal requirements
- Work closely with technology teams to improve the associate experience to ensure optimal delivery of compensation administration
- Develop and execute on on-going improvements to processes
- Communicate administrative processes as well as changes to programs
- Key leader within the Total Rewards leadership team, critical collaborator in developing compensation strategies.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:Edward Jones leaders commit to personal awareness, development, and open communication. They embrace and lead change and apply good judgment in a courageous way. Our leaders develop and inspire others while they build and nurture collaborative relationships. Edward Jones leaders think strategically and plan, organize and execute to get work done. Our leaders are results driven, yet they put our clients first.Skills-Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required – in business or related field preferred (advanced degree in relevant area preferred). / CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) designation is a plus
- 15+ years of compensation.
- 10+ years of people leadership experience and demonstrated results in leading and motivating multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams or projects.
- Extensive experience in developing and directing others to deliver strategic outcomes in large, complex organizations.
- Expert ability to establish expectations, provide feedback, coach, and inspire teams of associates.
- Strong leadership skills required. Expert ability to drive multiple projects/people simultaneously and manage complex matters or processes.
- In-depth technical and analytical compensation expertise with a strong understanding of the relationship between compensation and achieving business objectives.
- Proficient in building compensation strategy and structure and cultivating a culture of transparency on compensation.
- Collaborative, values-based business partner who is proficient at building strategic relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Expert ability to lead and inspire multiple teams by creating the vision and direction for areas that support business initiatives and drive desired action.
- Ability to make timely decisions and manage multiple priorities in dynamic, ambiguous situations where there often is no precedent.
- Ability to analyze information and use experience, creativity, and good judgment to make frequent, highly complex, non-routine decisions independently without benefit of established guidelines, procedures or policies that have far-reaching impact across the organization.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work® data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ranking by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation’s foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
To apply for this job please visit careers.edwardjones.com.