Website HCA Healthcare
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Compensation Consultant? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Compensation Consultant like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Compensation Consultant, you will be responsible for providing expert guidance and support in designing, implementing, and optimizing compensation strategies and programs. Leveraging strong analytical skills and deep understanding of compensation principles, you will work on project-based assignments to deliver data-driven insights and recommendations to clients. This role requires a blend of technical expertise, business acumen, project management, and excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and drive impactful compensation solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of compensation data, including salary surveys, market benchmarks, and internal pay structures, to evaluate competitiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Utilize data modeling and analytical techniques to assess the effectiveness of compensation programs and forecast future trends.
- Create dashboards using appropriate tools to summarize data in a meaningful and impactful way.
Compensation Strategy and Development:
- Collaborate with clients to define compensation objectives and align them with broader business strategies.
- Design and develop compensation frameworks, policies, and guidelines that support organizational goals and ensure internal equity.
Job Evaluation and Pricing:
- Evaluate job roles and responsibilities to determine appropriate job levels, salary ranges, and pay grades
- Conduct job pricing exercises using market data and internal factors to establish competitive compensation packages for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Collaborate with HR teams, finance professionals, and senior management to understand business needs and align compensation strategies with organizational objectives.
- Present findings, recommendations, and insights to various stakeholders, including executives and HR leaders, in a clear and compelling manner.
Incentive and Variable Pay Programs:
- Design and implement incentive and variable pay programs, such as performance-based bonus structures.
- Develop models to assess the effectiveness of incentive programs, making data-driven recommendations for improvements.
Compliance and Governance:
- Monitor regulatory changes and industry trends related to compensation practices, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance on governance processes and compliance with internal policies.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelors Degree is required
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in compensation, analytics, or related experience is required
- 3+ years of experience in Healthcare, general industry, and consulting experience is preferred
- Cert Compensation Professional is preferred
- Strong analytical skills with expertise in data modeling is required
- Proficiency in Excel and tools such as Power BI is required
- Proficiency in SQL is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of compensation principles, methodologies, and best practices
- Familiarity with job evaluation techniques, salary surveys, and market benchmarking
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, with capacity to translate complex data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand and align compensation strategies with broader organizational goals.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hcahealthcare.com.