Website Institute on Aging
IOA is on the forefront of revolutionary healthcare models, reshaping the way people can age in place. Our innovative models transform lives, enhance communities, and save healthcare systems millions of dollars. Rather than focusing on archaic outdated design, we strive to consistently question the “status-quo” and create new and more innovative ways to help aging adults and adults with disabilities maintain their quality of life. With over 23 programs, we offer multiple ways to aid seniors maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community, fulfilling our mission.
The role of the IOA’s People Team is to develop and execute a people-first strategy, policies, processes, and practices which will enable the IOA to achieve its strategic goals. Core to the IOA’s strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement/motivation, and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
The IOA aims to deliver an employee life cycle with more effective talent, performance management, competency development and mobility, and career path/succession planning. Reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources Operation, the Sr. Compensation Analyst supports this mission by being responsible for job analyses, job specification, competency-based job description development, analyzing organizational workforce data, administration, and supporting job and career path and compensation-related functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will undertake the following:
- Researches and analyzes data regarding job duties, responsibilities, educational requirements/training, organizational and position structures, and related information as part of the evaluation process.
- Conducts job analysis by performing position-classification audits of new, encumbered, and vacant jobs to evaluate job content and related factors for appropriate classification and/or level of compensation.
- Evaluate proposed and existing jobs and classify them in accordance with levels of responsibility, essential functions, and competencies.
- Prepares various reports to summarize audit findings and make recommendations for the classification of new/existing positions using standard job evaluation methods and on the status of work and productivity for use by management.
- Conduct and analyzes individual job audits and/or group classification surveys.
- Creates and studies current organizational wage and salary data and compiles reports and other information as needed.
- Assist in the execution, administration and provide analytical support for various job/compensation projects.
- Prepare and manage job documentation, job descriptions, job profiles, and job-related Workday business processes in connection to job families and job codes.
- Support The People Team to process hires, promotions, and job classification changes.
- Maintain the job classification data and ensure all updates, additions, and revisions are made in Workday.
- Support reviewing and updating the IOA’s competency framework to guide integrated HR business processes in recruitment, training, and career development.
- Utilize inputs from managers in maintaining relevant forecasts, status reports, and management decisions relating to career/workforce management and succession planning.
- Support the People Team to manage mobility opportunities across business functions to ensure the effective placement of expertise where it is needed at the right time.
- Reviews wages and salary adjustments for conformance to the IOA’s policy.
- Provide companywide guidance, resources, and templates or forms for job/workforce or succession planning and career/performance management.
- Support execution and monitoring of the company-wide planning processes and programs, including monitoring of talent review sessions and tracking of succession pipelines (internally and externally).
- Advise on and participate in the design of strategies for career management, including career paths, to better define the most suitable job progression-specific roles, taking into full account the individual’s career aspirations and the organization’s needs.
- Performs related work as required.
Education and Qualification (Preferred or Required):
- 3+ years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in the analysis, design, and/or administration of compensation programs.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, time-management, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Familiar with laws and regulations associated with affirmative action, fair labor standards, and salaries as well.
- Practical experience in career management/ workforce planning and succession planning.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment and to complete tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, build partnerships, and influence at all levels of the organization, including senior management, by providing appropriate and tailored information in a timely manner.
- Ability to grasp and quickly learn internal systems with flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and creativity in delivering solutions to business issues and problems.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously and to identify and manage interdependencies.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Ability to work well with others and obtain collaboration with internal and external partners and contacts.
- Demonstrated leadership, end-to-end ownership, and ability to manage in a matrix-type organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically.
- Knowledge of training and staff development delivery mechanisms.
- Ability to effectively manage training logistics.
- Ability to build effective working relations with colleagues.
- Ability to work under supervision and as part of a multicultural team.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and planning is an asset.
- A high sense of initiative, enthusiasm and good team spirit, and good organizational and interpersonal skills are strongly desired.
- Competence in the use of standard MS Office Suite, BOX, Workday applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and elder care professionals. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Range: $ 91,274.00 – 115,434.50/annual
This amount is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education and other factors.
This range does not include any additional equity, benefits, or other non-monetary compensation which may be included.
IOA reserves the right to adjust work hours or duties when appropriate.
Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Institute on Aging is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment and providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neuro-diversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit ioaging.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.