Website Legacy Health
Our mission of making life better for others includes every person we serve, including our employees. By promoting fair, competitive and equitable pay practices, you will help to support management-level and employee customers so that Legacy Health can most effectively work as a team with a unified goal. If this is how you view your work as a Senior Compensation Consultant, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
This is a remote position open to incumbents who reside in Oregon or Washington only. There may be occasional monthly meetings that require work to be performed on-site at an assigned Legacy Health location. All new hires are required to come to a designated Legacy Health office location in Portland, Oregon prior to their start date for a new hire health assessment and to complete new hire paperwork.
The Senior Compensation Consultant is an expert in their discipline and a leader in the department. Leads teams or projects with broad visibility and guides others in resolving complex issues in their specialized areas. Manages large projects and processes with very limited oversight. Exhibits good stewardship of Legacy’s resources and ensures customer service excellence. Develops successful customer relationships through strong communication and organizational skills and serves as trusted advisor to the manager.
Administers key and highly visible components of Legacy’s compensation program. Reviews, analyzes and evaluate hourly and salaried positions throughout Legacy Health based upon job descriptions and on-site audits. Evaluates positions using established systems and market data, determine grades and salary range, and prepare documentation records of the analysis and recommendation(s). Completes compensation surveys and market analysis. Assists line management in the preparation or updating of job descriptions and competency assessments. Makes reclassification recommendations and determine the exempt/nonexempt FLSA status of each position. Conducts analysis of internal equity by department or job group. Reviews off-salary-review-cycle changes in wages and salaries for internal equity and conformance with policy. Regularly handle special assignments and projects.
Requires bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources, Accounting/Finance or related field.
Master’s degree in human resources or MBA preferred.
Minimum eight years’ experience working with position analysis, job evaluation and systems and market surveys required.
- This position requires excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and customer service skills to be able to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and leadership within and outside of the Legacy community.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to present data and information as a subject matter expert. Comfortable with public speaking to include a wide variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in using data analytics, databases, and other software.
- Mathematical and statistical skills for data analysis and financial planning/budget management.
- Technical knowledge requirements include the ability to understand and apply the intent of policies, guidelines and regulations in diverse situations; skill in understanding management principles sufficiently to soundly advise line management in compensation matters; ability to conceive and present concepts logically for reports and recommendations; an inclination for detail-oriented work, and a thorough understanding of State and Federal wage and hour laws.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
Equal opportunity employer/vet/disabled.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and/or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
To apply for this job please visit careers-lhs.icims.com.