Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Focuses on general compensation administration in the Compensation Center of Excellence supporting various business units within Lumen. The position would recommend, implement, administer and maintain Compensation plans. It would also contribute to the development and administration of Company policies and procedures for compensation plans to ensure equity for all employees, compliance with federal and state legal requirements and Company objectives and profitability.
The Main Responsibilities
- Determine the effectiveness of existing Compensation plans, policies, and administrative procedures for defined client groups
- Provide recommendations for development of new plans or modifications to existing programs, administrative policies and practices to support client objectives if needs not being met
- Contribute to the development, design and maintenance of the job description and evaluation process. Ensure accurate job documentation, salary market competitiveness and internal equity for Company positions
- Participate in third party or custom salary surveys to identify and track the relevant labor market.
- Consult with business leaders in areas such as job classification, incentive compensation and salary administration programs. Provide guidance and direction on complex or unusual situations and policy interpretations
- Develop and conduct presentations for leaders in matters related to compensation projects
- Participate in internal audits and assist with pulling documentation and information from the SAP system
- Use analytics to monitor the effectiveness of existing Compensation plans, policies, and administrative procedures
- Lead special compensation projects as needed
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Typically with 6+ years of progressive experience in compensation administration or 4+ years with a Master’s Degree
- Advanced knowledge of compensation theories, principles, programs, trends and best practices
- Advanced level Excel skills
- CCP Preferred
Requisition #: 327900
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lumen.com.