Website Marriott International
As an integral member of the Global Compensation team, the Manager, Compensation position provides consulting and analytical support of global compensation activities. Under the leadership and direction of the Director, Compensation, this role will help develop and maintain analytical tools and solutions for external market competitiveness, internal equity, legal compliance, and project execution. The position will execute moderate to complex project tasks and analytics which may include supporting processes around incentive effectiveness analysis, pay recommendation strategies, and compensation infrastructure design. This position will support Marriott’s compensation philosophy and programs to ensure strong programmatic governance and compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Economics, Operations Research, Human Resources, related professional area or quantitative discipline
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- Understanding of compensation related economic factors such as unemployment rates, market rates, labor market conditions and general data available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and techniques preferred – statistical programming or modelling experience a plus
- Experience with statistical/scripting/analytical tools such as Python, R, PowerShell or SQL for large data sets preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Oracle DV
- Experience with Oracle HCM or other enterprise HR platform preferred
- Experience in data management, report creation and process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and attention to detail required
- Proven ability to independently identify and analyze problems/issues, assess risk, evaluate alternative solutions and recommend course of action
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Perform complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects.
- Provide technical data analytics support for larger compensation data projects.
- Support the global and continent compensation teams with tools and analytical support around market data, and infrastructure design.
- Support compliance efforts with creation of tools to aid in pay equity efforts around compliance and maintain strong fair pay practices within the organization.
- Project work will require a practical working knowledge of statistical techniques and data-mining related processes. This could include work surrounding analysis of drivers of pay, interpreting, implementing and communicating the results of statistical models, and creating usable tools or tool prototypes for the compensation department and/or HR leaders in decision making.
- Assist more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- Providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- Achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Ongoing projects will require good data management skills, process/workflow building, documentation, communication and implementation.
- Provide compensation data analytics in a way that is discernable for end users, such as data-visualizations or modeling for the compensation department.
- Interact with subject matter experts across a variety of clients, e.g., discipline or brand, to design and develop effective compensation analytical solutions.
- Clearly and concisely present ideas to clients and stakeholders on initiatives.
- Build reports within agreed upon timelines.
- Lead testing efforts, including test scenarios with users, scripts and execution.
- Manage time and resources to meet project deadlines and changing business and/or market needs.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Provide on-going and timely compensation consulting expertise regarding management and non-management compensation issues as directed by the manager. This includes job leveling, Exempt/Non-Exempt FLSA testing, salary analysis, survey participation, incentive design, project participation and aiding businesspartners in making informed compensation decision in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and applicable Federal, State and Local laws.
- Research, compile and analyze market data, salary surveys, compensation trends and relevant internal data to effectively make recommendations and influence compensation program competitiveness, business decisions and corporate policies. This includes modeling options to support pay programs development/maintenance and annual review of the company’s salary structures and merit program.
- Conduct job evaluations as needed for new and revised positions and develops and maintains the process for requesting and managing the evaluation process.
- Provide support for analytical and review activities routinely prepared to ensure high level pay program competitiveness and compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local laws.
- Participate in a variety of assigned compensation projects through the development and implementation process. Manage the attainment of milestones of the projectplans by workingand coordinating with team membersand key stakeholders. Partners with manager to analyze, solution and resolve complex project issues.
- Work on cross-functional teams with members from a variety of disciplines including Human Resource, Law, Talent Acquisition, TMAS. Reporting and Analytics and Finance to solve business and process issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Responsible for own work and assists in contributing to team, department and/or business results.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.