Who we are
Path is a healthtech company dedicated to making mental health care work for everyone. Path takes a patient-first approach, where treatment is more accessible, personalized, and effective. With Path, it’s easy to find a high-quality therapist or psychiatric clinician who accepts insurance and is actively accepting new patients.
What we’re solving
Over 65 million Americans have a treatable mental health issue — that’s 1 in 5 people. Today it’s difficult to find a provider, and for those with complicated conditions, it’s nearly impossible to find coordinated care. We’re here to fix this.
Path’s mission is to make mental healthcare work for everyone.
About The Role
The Sr. Compensation Manager is responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the organization’s compensation programs, inducing base pay and incentive pay. They work with senior management to ensure that compensation strategy and programs support the organization’s business objectives, meet all legal requirements, and deliver value and equitable pay across the organization. They establish a data collection and analysis process for market pay.
Path has grown from 15 to 200+ employees in the past 2 years. Our COO People Ops Lead have run compensation at Path in order to get us to this point, but we’re at a scale and complexity of comp where we’re looking to bring someone on full time to take over this program. This is an exciting opportunity to be our first compensation-focused professional at Path – you will help us refine how we work with a focus on how to be more efficient and data-driven, while never losing focus on a thoughtful experience for everyone involved. If you love compensation, data, and identifying new and better ways of operating, this role is for you!
This role will report to the VP of People and work closely with our Talent Acquisition and People Operations team, as well as hiring managers and executives at Path. .
- Partner with CEO, VP of People, and Finance on defining and iterating upon our comp philosophy.
- Analyze compensation data to identify trends and ensure we’re approaching comp equitably, benchmarking total rewards against market levels and keeping all comp bands up to date and easily accessible, developing new comp bands as needed
- In partnership with CEO, VP of People, and Finance determine how to approach merit increases, promotion increases, and overall budget philosophy in conjunction with our bi-annual cycle.
- Manage the comp cycle configuration within ChartHop
- Track new-hire equity, additional grants, and advisor grants quarterly and prepare documentation for board, model equity values and update grant tables when appropriate; monitor equity pool usage, administrate Carta.
- Help (hiring) managers develop bonus programs, where needed
- Work with hiring managers and TA when market isn’t responding to comp bands to problem solve why / help craft compelling offers for candidates in these situations
- Develop and maintain team documentation including internal processes and principles behind compensation decisions
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with other members of the team, and partner closely with cross-functional partners based on the project (ie People Ops, Talent team, Finance)
- Work remotely as we are a 100% remote company
- Passionate about mental health
- Aligned with our values: self-care, camaraderie, authenticity, transparency, and bias to action
- Process-oriented and appreciates why operations are important
- Dedicated to creating positive experiences for recruiters, candidates, and hiring teams
- Team-focused and driven by building strong relationships
- A critical thinker who is always looking for better ways to do things
- Solution-oriented and energized by solving problems
- 4+ years experience building, executing, and leading compensation programs (this is a HARD requirement)
- Experience with and comfortable managing ambiguity
- Experience solving complex problems while collaborating with business partners to achieve a common goal
- Knowledge of recruitment processes and best practices
- Strong project management skills, including project planning and change management.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data and develop reports
- Strong written communication skills, the ability to summarize complicated topics succinctly, and the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
The people of Path are what truly define our mission and determine our impact on the world. We believe in building not only a team, but a diverse community that thrives by helping each other succeed and grow and inspiring each other by taking on big challenges.
For employees, Path is a 100% remote healthtech company and we’re HIRING! We’re excited to bring people onto the team who are committed to raising the bar on mental health care.
As Part Of Our Team, Full-Time Employees Receive
- The ability to work from any location within the US
- Competitive pay and benefits that do not change based on location
- 2 company-wide shutdown weeks each year to focus on self-care
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance through our employer plan
- Access to our 401K
- Access to an Employer Assistance Plan (EAP) through our insurance plan
- The equipment you need to ensure your home office sets you up for success
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.