Supports and leads the company’s performance review process, base pay, annual incentive plans, equity plans, and other related compensation programs. Partners with members of the Compensation team, HR partners, and functional leaders to complete work that is aligned with the company vision. Applies knowledge of principles, best practices, and applicable laws and regulations to enhance our culture by creating an open, fair, and transparent work environment that makes a positive impact on the employees and the company.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of Compensation, Human Resources, Finance, or related work experience.
Associate’s degree and 5+ years of Compensation, Human Resources, Finance, or related work experience.
High School Diploma or equivalent and 7+ years of Compensation, Human Resources, Finance, or related work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Data Analytics, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, Mathematics, or related field.
• 5+ years of Compensation work experience.
• 3+ years of utilizing Compensation-related systems/tools (e.g., Advanced Excel, Workday, Tech Industry Surveys, etc.).
• 1+ year of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Sr. Director level and above).
• 1+ year of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leverages knowledge of compensation principles, processes, and best practices to support and drive compensation programs (e.g., base pay, annual incentive plans, equity plans, etc.) that aid in talent attraction and retention with minimal supervision.
• Develops compensation proposals, including title and/or salary adjustments for conformance with established policies and procedures.
• Supports reviews of compensation programs and policies to ensure they are market competitive, aligned with corporate goals, and in compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements and laws.
• Collaborates with Compensation team members, HR Partners, functional leaders, and external consultants to complete work.
• Collaborates with Talent Acquisition in developing competitive compensation packages for prospective candidates.
• Works cross-functionally with Legal, Finance, Tax, and/or Internal Audit teams to ensure compensation programs are accurately reported and compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Provides support during the company’s annual review process by assisting with a variety of activities (e.g., modeling program funding; developing and testing program guidelines; reviewing proposed recommendations to guidelines, budgets, and internal consistencies; analyzing and developing pay recommendations for a workforce, etc.).
• Provides input on the strategic direction for compensation programs.
• Leverages internal and external compensation data to make data-based decisions and recommendations regarding compensation-related topics and projects, including the annual market benchmarking process.
• Acquires advanced knowledge on the evolving regulatory environment, pay equity, and other areas related to compensation.
• Writes and organizes technical documentation for compensation-related decisions, projects, and/or processes with minimal supervision.
Level of Responsibility:
• Works under some supervision.
• Provides some supervision/guidance to other members; does not have direct reports.
• Decisions are moderate in nature. Errors are detected and corrected with relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships. May require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. Role may require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
• Has a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to make key decisions).
• Most tasks require multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Creativity is needed to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
• Deductive problem solving is required to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited analysis may be required.
• Occasionally participates in strategic planning within own area affecting immediate operations.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
$102,500.00 – $153,500.00
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Qualcomm. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for annual RSU grants (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that Qualcomm has to offer!
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qualcomm.com.