Sarnova has a new and exciting opportunity available for an experienced compensation professional. Remote eligigible position.
Sarnova is the leading national specialty distributor of health care products in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Respiratory Markets and is the industry leader in Revenue Cycle Management within Emergency Medical Services (EMS). The company operates through several market-leading companies including Tri-anim Health Services, the largest specialty distributor of respiratory products, Bound Tree Medical, the largest supplier of EMS products, EMP and Cardio Partners, a full Sudden Cardiac Arrest Solution provider, and Digitech, the leader in EMS revenue cycle management.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Sarnova has a new and exciting opportunity available for an experienced compensation professional to coordinate the design, implementation, and administration of a job classification and compensation program. This role will serve as a compensation advisor for each of Sarnova’s business units, collaborating with diverse groups to advance organizational and HR compensation strategies. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starting, systems thinker committed to continuous improvement who understands the needs of the business and blends exceptional HR service.
If you are passionate about making a difference every day and want to work for an awesome company, this might be the role for you. Be part of a team of HR professionals who serve as an integral part of the Sarnova business strategy and impact lives through what we do. We strive to deliver high-quality service and move Sarnova forward through the power of engaged people. Bring your “A” game and join us #whereyoumatter!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of an organizational compensation structure.
- Evaluate jobs, determine job classifications, establish pay grades/pay banding to ensure internal equity and market competitiveness to retain our current employees and attract the best candidates for our open positions.
- Establish relationships with business partners to ensure a high level of collaboration and ability to influence strategies and decisions on total compensation.
- Advocate for system of total rewards as an engagement tool. Make recommendations for marketing the value of pay and benefits to associates (total compensation statements, employee correspondence, etc.)
- Guide organization and management on best practices in linking performance and the attainment of company goals with pay.
- Establish and support process for newly created jobs (e.g., job analysis, job evaluation, development of accurate position descriptions, assign AAP/EEO coding to newly created positions based on the nature of the job, securing approvals, etc.)
- Use internal and external resources to ensure accuracy of job pricing (e.g., recruiting team feedback, manager input, salary surveys, comp tool, etc.)
- Conduct pay equity analyses across diverse roles and individuals to ensure adherence to Sarnova’s values and guiding principles.
- Advise managers on making effective pay decisions that support employee engagement and comply with compensation policy and budgetary guidelines.
- Understand sales commission plans and partner with sales support as needed regarding compensation strategies.
- Provide support for acquisitions and mergers in harmonizing roles and compensation systems.
- Assist with implementing organization wide activities including merit planning, management incentive plans and market adjustments.
- Coach, guide, and educate managers on pay philosophy and practices.
- Assist managers and leaders with resolving day-to-day pay related concerns and questions and advise on engaging in productive compensation discussions with staff.
- Prepare severance agreements, wage adjustment or promotion letters, and other correspondence involving compensation and classification.
- Monitor the internal work environment and external market to understand economic or other conditions that impact Sarnova’s pay policies. Recommend and implement changes as appropriate.
- Update data in salary tools (Comp Analyst) to enable real time analysis.
- Evaluate positions to ensure FLSA status follows Department of Labor regulations. Research and conduct audits as needed to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and industry best practices.
- Ensure appropriate systems for stipends, bonuses, and supplemental compensation.
- Help the department and organization in any way needed to make Sarnova the Best!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Compensation, Data Analytics or other related field and minimum of four (4) or more years professional experience developing and administering compensation programs; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication, and collaboration skills for clearly communicating complex issues and recommendations to a wide range of constituencies.
- High level critical thinking skills, using logic, analysis, and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proficiency with business software – outlook, HRIS, salary systems, word, excel, presentation software, etc.
- Experience employing job analysis methods, job auditing techniques and compensation analysis.
- Experience developing and maintaining salary structures.
- Well-organized and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Customer service-minded with drive to deliver exceptional results.
- Strong understanding of applicable state and federal employment and wage and hour laws to ensure compliance.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and high-level of trust.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan. EEO/M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Our mission is to be the best partner for those who save and improve patients’ lives. Excellence in delivering upon our mission is dependent upon having a diverse team that is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work each day. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
To apply for this job please visit careers-sarnova.icims.com.