Website Southern New Hampshire University
We are one growing team with one powerful goal — and as a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. That is why we’re committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all our employees feel welcomed, valued and empowered. Together, we will shape the future of education by transforming lives beginning with yours.
Our Workforce Is Expanding Beyond New Hampshire!
We have remote work opportunities available in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Compensation, you will lead the strategic, university-wide Classification and Compensation Program. You will ensure the fulfillment of SNHU’s commitment to providing a great compensation program, including salary and benefits. You will oversee the SNHU Classification and Compensation Program ensuring the systematic classification of positions to allow SNHU to shape a diverse and well-qualified workforce.
You’ll Get To:
- Plan and direct classification projects university wide.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state mandates, including Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Equal Employment Opportunity Program, the Equal Pay Act, and applicable laws.
- Guide general policies for classification of eligible jobs within the university, including compensation market analysis process.
- Implement complex program plans and enhancements within Workday.
- Advise the Classification and Compensation Governance Committee in making determinations that fall outside of the program.
- Counsel senior leaders and managers on pay decisions, compensation practices, and policy and guidelines interpretation.
- Educate management regarding system compensation philosophy, salary structures, market analysis, merit, and bonus processes.
- Monitor effectiveness of existing compensation policies, recommend plan revisions, and new plans that are consistent with compensation trends.
- Oversee external survey selection, participation, and use.
- Direct annual administration of compensation programs and systems including merit, market, and equity analysis.
- Provide guidance and direction, work with Finance during the budget process for added budged positions and Partner with Talent Acquisition on compensation offers.
- Lead work-groups to driving solutions that impact employee pay including mergers and acquisitions, system-wide cost-saving projects, audit findings, compensation program system development and integration
- Support ad hoc requests for compensation evaluations, and participate in special projects related to compensation.
- Participate in compensation projects outside of classification.
- Partner with external consultants.
- Lead direct reports.
What we’re Looking For:
- Seven years’ experience working in compensation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with HRIS systems and Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Demonstrated ability leading large-scale projects to success.
Thinking about the job, but not sure you should apply? We still want to hear from you.
We recognize that not everyone enters the world of work with the same advantage, opportunity, and privilege. This is why your skills and experiences are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just might be the person we are looking for!
Are Benefits Important to You?
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays
A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
Who Are We?
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners. By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives—beginning with yours.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Remote work disclaimer
Please note that this is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask that our remote employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location within the United States (in one of the approved states as reflected above) that is free of distractions and dependencies.
Please note that a background check is required for employment.
To apply for this job please visit snhu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.