As a Senior Compensation Consultant, you will be responsible for providing Compensation consulting services for tech and sales orgs within Amazon Stores. The incumbent will work directly with PXT Partners and Management to achieve reward system objectives and assist, as needed, in variable incentive compensation plan design consultation.
The successful candidate will proactively partner with client-facing PXT Partners and Business Line Management to identify and address compensation issues, and evangelize Amazon’s Total Compensation Philosophy and Strategy to the clients supported. This position is expected to represent the client’s point-of-view in key corporate compensation initiatives and the corporate point-of-view with client groups. We are looking for candidates who have the aptitude to understand our complex data, and be detailed and accurate from start to finish in developing programs and completing projects.
This role can sit in Seattle, Arlington, or Dallas.
Key job responsibilities
– Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives.
– Effectively partner with HR and Business client to manage, consult, and resolve compensation issues
– Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, annual incentive pay and stock compensation.
– Partner with the business to develop variable incentive compensation programs, as needed.
– Conduct job evaluations using market data and internal evaluation.
– Conduct custom surveys with key industry contacts, as needed.
– Partner with regional compensation (globally) on compensation issues, and work on a variety of special compensation projects as needed.
– The position may also be responsible for components such as the strategy, design, policies, guidelines, and operationalize key concepts critical to the foundation of a specific compensation program. Works to gain alignment with different constituencies and represents a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Dallas, TX, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
– Bachelor’s degree
– Highly proficient in Excel
– 7+ years experience in finance, compensation, or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices
– Experienced with Peoplesoft
– Highly analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing and auditing work.
– Highly detailed driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
– Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data.
– The ability to work independently, take on responsibility and be quick of foot in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
– Solid consultation skills and the ability to seek out information and provide quality advice.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills for internal presentations that demonstrate business acumen.
– Experience in Tech and Sales industry compensation design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $108,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $201,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.