Website The Ohio State University
The Compensation Consultant assists in the development, evaluation, documentation, and implementation of job architecture, pay range structures and compensation programs for staff positions across the university. Ohio State recently implemented Career Roadmap, a comprehensive job family model and pay structure. This position is vital to the continued implementation of the new system as we focus on fostering equitable, consistent compensation practices.
Under general guidance from the Associate Director of Compensation, the Compensation Consultant will handle highly complex client groups, which may include union contracts and will also assist with:
- Consulting on organizational structures/restructures
- Classifying & determining pay grade levels based on market and/or internal equity
- Completing and analyzing salary surveys
- Analyzing market data to determine external competitiveness of pay ranges and pay practices
- Modeling to determine impact and cost analysis for recommended changes and ensuring proper approval processes are followed
- Consulting with Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partners on pay rates that fall outside of guidelines
- Serving as a resource to HR Shared Services team
This role is considered a technical expert in compensation principles and solutions. The Compensation Consultant assists in advising, training, and onboarding less experienced or new members of the Compensation team. The successful candidate will possess excellent analytical, negotiation, and verbal/written communication skills.
This team fosters an environment of collaboration, professional development, and innovation. Work alongside our cutting-edge compensation team while obtain your CCP certification. We offer opportunities for growth, including the opportunity to build a project management skillset while working on projects that span university wide.
When staff join the Ohio State Office of Human Resources, they become part of one of America’s most comprehensive universities, one of Ohio’s largest employers and an exceptional team of professionals who provide proactive Human Resources services and solutions. Human Resources creates an environment that inspires pride, diversity, and accountability, while also engaging faculty and staff to focus on the core mission of The Ohio State University.
55% Analysis of job architecture, pay range structures and compensation programs
Conducts, documents, and makes recommendation on job classifications; Analyzes market data using web-based software to determine external competitiveness; makes pay grade and salary adjustment recommendations. Works with Talent Acquisition and HR Consultants/Business Partners on pay equity for new hires, internal transfers, and reviews individual or group pay equity and makes appropriate recommendations to correct problems where they may exist.
30% Handles special compensation requests
Consults on premium and special pay programs, including bonuses; consults on pay rates that fall outside of HR’s approval authority; approves pay adjustments and new/changed programs that fall into Compensation approval authority.
15% Special duties
Performs special duties as assigned, participates in and may lead project teams which may be multi-disciplinary and/or include influential leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Six years of relevant Human Resources experience, at least 3 of which are in Compensation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- CCP certification (Certified Compensation Professional).
- Demonstrated experience utilizing HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems)
To apply for this job please visit osu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.