Website UChicago Medicine
Join a world class academic medical center, UChicago Medicine, as a Compensation Consultant in our Total Rewards Department.
Responsible for daily compensation activities, annual processes, program management and ad-hoc projects. Supports internal and external business partners in bargaining unit costing, implementation, as well as wage and step increase administration. Participates in annual compensation surveys to support market competitiveness driven by a comprehensive annual review of market data. Consults with all levels of internal external clients and vendors to provide guidance and interpretation of compensation programs, policies, and procedures/practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages annual/cyclical compensation processes and programs including system updates communication materials and training materials to convey timeline and expected actions.
- Assists in the provision of training to management as applicable.
- Supports union labor negotiations providing costing/financial modeling of market data resulting in recommendations regarding grade structure and wages. May participate on related committees that support negotiation sessions.
- Oversees pay changes through the Collective Bargaining Agreement wage grids partnering with internal departments to move contractual pay changes on schedule.
- Collects and submits salary survey data for various compensation surveys using online market pricing tool. Track submission timelines and survey publication dates.
- Utilizes Oracle Cloud HRM system to create, edit and maintain data and/or system updates related to job, position, assignment or pay data.
- Consults with internal HRIT or IT Technology teams as necessary to ensure all related tables, fields or formulas provide desired result.
- Regularly audits data to ensure data relationships result in expected data.
- Partners with HRIT function to ensure mutual understanding of system design, functionality, standard report generation and problem resolution which results in improved workflow efficiency for all users.
- Identifies potential system enhancements or process improvements to continually improve end user experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned including relationship management of vendors and internal business partners.
- Strong analytical abilities including high aptitude in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with internal and external customers
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and deal with ambiguity; function as a change agent
- Proactive problem identification and problem solving skills; ability to make decisions and operate independently with respect to complex issues and business requirements
- Competence in managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong results/goal orientation while meeting required deadlines
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work closely with others as part of a team while being able to take full responsibility for a task
- Ability to act in a professional manner and use appropriate judgment on sensitive, confidential issues
- Background in finance and financial modeling is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance or related field
- 7 – 10 years human resources compensation experience with knowledge of applicable federal laws and regulations, experience in market pricing, job description development, salary surveys and salary administration
- 2-3 years with Human Resource Information Systems experience
- Certification in Compensation (World at Work) highly preferred
- Job Type: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Department: Total Rewards
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC’s COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit careers-ucm.icims.com.