Under direct supervision, assists in the development, implementation, and administration of base and incentive compensation programs. Evaluates salaried, hourly, middle, and top management positions. Assists in salary administration programs, reviewing changes in wages and salaries. Audits evaluation of positions and application of existing classifications to individuals. Conducts and participates in compensation surveys.
- Participates in administration of annual merit/general increase, bonus, and long-term incentive processes.
- Develops job descriptions for new jobs and updates job descriptions for existing jobs on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in market-based compensation surveys, and analyzes results and market trends to determine organization’s market relationship.
- Evaluates positions using established evaluation systems, and determines job titles, FLSA classification, value of jobs with the external market (market reference), and the appropriate internal level of job measurement (internal equity).
- Establishes good working relationships with all levels of management.
- Counsels and assists various levels of personnel with interpreting aspects of ongoing salary administration.
- Advises management on compensation actions for employees.
- Analyzes current organizational pay practices and makes recommendations directly to departments’ management for salary changes to ensure equity.
- Reviews and analyzes qualifications for new hires and employees considered for internal transfers or promotions. Completes formal salary recommendations, applying compensation policies consistently, to obtain desirable outcome for all stakeholders.
- Conducts research on emerging compensation/legal compliance issues.
- Reviews and signs position and personnel actions (including proposed salary actions) to assure adherence to guidelines and policies. Ensures appropriate approval signatures have been obtained.
- Accomplishes various special assignments as requested, relating to Compensation administration or providing information for management use.
- This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of directly related experience in Compensation required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related area preferred.
- Experience working in a corporate Compensation environment within the refining/petroleum industry preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on a website that lists an estimated salary rate/range, it was not provided by Valero. Valero’s market specific salary rate/range will be provided during the recruiting process and tends to be higher than what is estimated by such websites.
To apply for this job please visit valero.taleo.net.