At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
- Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
- Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
- Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how this role will make an impact:
The Director of Global Compensation and Equity role will collaborate on global compensation matters, including the design, development, communication, governance, and administration of programs and structure, with regional and local Compensation Leads, HR, and Business Leaders. The position will report to the Senior Director of Global Compensation. The role is to oversee the global administration, communication, and compliance of the organization’s long-term incentive equity program while working cross-functionally with Legal, Finance, Payroll and Treasury teams. This role will work across other aspects of executive compensation and Total Rewards related projects. This role requires a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a high energy environment. Excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills, project management, and the ability to be a team player are key attributes to be successful in this position.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Responsible for management of the activities concerning global long-term incentive equity plan and policies adopted by the company, including stock options, restricted stock units (RSUs), and other equity awards.
- Leads all aspects of the administration of the grant cycle to include granting of awards, stock options exercises, vesting events, quarterly dividends, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting.
- Supports and participates in the design, implementation, and administration of executive rewards, ensuring rewards, compensation and equity programs are aligned with Total Rewards strategy and market best practices.
- Partner with the global compensation team, regional compensation leads, business leaders, HRBPs, and People Solutions to support global initiatives and to address and solution regional/local compensation opportunities and challenges.
- Contribute to the development of the global compensation philosophy and strategy, and help to oversee the continued governance of programs, while providing thought leadership in the continuous improvement of programs, practices, and policies.
- Review analysis and benchmarking periodically to ensure the current design and implementation of the organization’s global equity programs and activities such that they meet the organization’s objectives with regards to internal equity and external market competitiveness.
- Engage with the HR and external consultants to ensure competitiveness of Viatris Inc. global equity programs.
- Communicates professionally with equity plan participants having a passion for teaching others and making complicated aspects of the plans easy to understand and valuable to others.
- As a member of the core Total Rewards team, contributes to ideas, strategies and projects connecting aspects of core work across other COE initiatives.
- Regularly seeks out and brings forward external and internal insights from a variety of diverse sources.
- Prepare content for Forms 3,4, and 5 and related filings with the SEC for required security transaction disclosures to provide to Legal team.
- Assist executives with implementation of 10b5-1 trading plans.
- Reconcile and support grant, vesting, exercise, termination, and cancellation activity to ensure plan compliance and accurate financial reporting of 10-Q/10-K.
- Work cross-functionally with the Legal, HR, and Global Payroll teams to ensure compliance with all securities and tax laws, regulations and disclosure requirements, and global payroll reporting.
- Conduct ad hoc equity and tax research and issue resolution.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree required and 10 years of experience in business, human resources, accounting or finance. A minimum of 6 years of experience in equity administration or long – term incentive plan management in preferred. Related experience and/or education may be considered.
- Must possess strong knowledge and understanding of Global equity administration, compliance, and design.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaison with others to accomplish goals are critical.
- Working knowledge of U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and general knowledge of global taxation. Global and executive equity compensation experience is preferred.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) preferred
- Must possess exceptional problem solving skills, interpretation skills, persuasion skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, planning and organization skills, and reasoning ability.
- Must possess proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Merrill Lynch equity administration platform (Benefits Online Award Choice) is preferred.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- This role has remote flexibility with a preference to be based from a location within the East Coast of the United States.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. The salary range for this position is $119,000 – $226,000.
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
To apply for this job please visit mylan.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.