Website Virgin Galactic
The role is responsible for leading the implementation and administration of compensation programs that will attract, retain, motivate, and reward teammates. Works closely with key stakeholders providing guidance and support as it relates to, but not limited to: executive compensation, broad-based compensation, and other specialized areas of compensation. Requires technical competencies and strong project management skills to support complex projects from initiation through completion. Develops and maintains effective working relationship within the People team as well as across our business units (e.g. corporate finance, legal, engineering, etc) in support of compensation programs.
Serve as lead for key compensation initiatives related to annual merit planning and execution, annual incentive design and administration, long-term incentive design and administration, compensation benchmarking, and communication of compensation plans.
Hybrid work schedule – 3x a week on site Tustin CA.
This role also develops, implements, and administers compensation plans, pay structures, and processes that support the company’s compensation philosophy, pay equity and pay transparency and ensures excellence in service delivery. This role will be expected to provide consultation and in-depth expertise to business leaders, Talent Partners, and People Business Partners on base pay administration and incentive compensation design to align with business strategy.
Responsible for creating and supporting total compensation programs, practices, and policies to attract and retain top talent.
- This is a hands-on team lead for all aspects of compensation benchmarking and administration, including, but not limited to the following:
- Drive compensation initiatives related to annual merit planning and execution
- Annual incentive and Long-term incentive design and communication of compensation plans
- Select and maintain compensation benchmarking surveys
- Research and analyze new and existing positions and update salary grade structures by interpreting market data and providing recommendations
- Maintain appropriate job titles, job codes, FLSA status, pay grades, incentive targets, etc.
- Advise People Team and Talent Partners on appropriate job offers and review promotional salary increases
- Perform special compensation, market, and internal equity studies by analyzing salary data and work experience of existing employees and provide recommendations
- Partner with People Business Partners to create, update and maintain job profiles
- Perform job evaluations and recommend salary changes or offers to candidates.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, local laws and regulations
- Lead creation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board and the annual proxy statement/filing.
- Partner with HRIS to ensure data integrity and perform ad-hoc analyses/reporting as needed
- Conducts analyses for executive compensation projects, including financial analysis of compensation programs and initiatives, (e.g., long-term incentive design and planning, competitive pay analyses, proxy peer group data, etc.)
- Lead year-end compensation review process
- Strive for a balance to maintain internal equity and provide a competitive package to our existing teammates and new hires
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- WorldatWork CCP, CEP, or other appropriate certification preferred
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in compensation
- 2-3 years of consulting or corporate executive compensation experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Time management and project management skills – prioritize workload, to meet deadlines and ensure partners meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of executive compensation programs and practices preferred
- Strong quantitative, statistical, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Expert proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and prioritize multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle compensation employee data with complete confidentiality and utmost discretion
- Able to assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Proficiency with HRIS (preferably SuccessFactors) and possess systems aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts clearly to varied audiences
- Demonstrated resourcefulness; works well independently and on a team
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $118,100.00–$180,200.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefits
Who We Are
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious – one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Person (either a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident or a protected individual as defined 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or be able to obtain the required authorization from either the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. Department of Commerce. The applicant must also not be included in the list of Specifically Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. See list here.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Virgin Galactic is committed to a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants post offer and active teammates are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This can include pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and accident related drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this job please visit vgcareers.virgingalactic.com.