Website Warner Music Group
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Director, Global Compensation
A little bit about our team:
The Compensation and Benefits team delivers comprehensive support to the global WMG business, including driving the strategic planning, design, development, implementation and communication of competitive total rewards programs including the annual incentive cycle and global compensation budget. We build and maintain compensation structures to ensure our people are fairly and competitively paid.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Compensation and Benefits, this role sits within the US Compensation and Benefits team in Human Resources.
You are a compensation subject matter expert and eager to expand our compensation support to additional global territories and capable of delivering complex compensation projects while enabling the attraction and retention of top talent around the world. The successful candidate will serve as a business confidant and thought partner on all compensation matters and understands the complexity of an organization that meshes technology and creativity together. The candidate must have strong demonstrated compensation experience and a desire to develop and grow within a dynamic and employee-centric company. This individual must also have an easy familiarity with technology and be nimble, agile, and flexible.
Here you’ll get to:
- Consult with Global Head of Compensation on the development of compensation strategies, policies, and processes.
- Devise creative solutions and approaches to compensation that enable us to meet the demands of a competitive marketplace while ensuring fair pay.
- Bring an awareness of “skills of the future” and thoughtfully align our compensation programs with WMG’s People Strategy, enabling continued evolution in key areas such as technology analytics and data visualization.
- Ensure that all our compensation programs support and enable our robust DE&I strategy and objectives. Provide thought leadership in areas such as pay equity, ESG and transparency.
- Develop key cross-functional partnerships across the organization, including working with global finance on headcount planning, budgeting and forecasting; and with legal to ensure compliance of our programs.
- Manage the annual bonus and merit process for all US labels, Global Businesses and Corporate. Provide guidance, support and direction to managers and other colleagues.
- Act as a strategic business advisor to senior business leaders and a partner to HR leaders, ensuring that our programs align with our business goals and support talent acquisition, retention, career development, mobility and our diversity initiatives.
- Provide consultative thought leadership to the human resources community and business leaders on pay decisions, pay guidelines, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related challenges.
- Provide senior management comprehensive reporting of competitive pay position versus marketplace; advise managers of compensation trends and anecdotal market intelligence.
- Partner with HR and management in the development and evaluation of job descriptions. Assigning FLSA classification, salary grades and job levels on new roles.
- Manage and deepen partnerships with key vendors and external partners that will enrich our thinking and programs with industry insights and ensure that our programs remain competitive.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to evaluate and recommend pay adjustments to maintain internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Compensation experience.
- Experience designing and building compensation programs, job architecture, pay models and benchmarking approaches.
- You are a hands-on leader who has previously managed a team of individual contributors.
- A highly metrics-focused orientation that can effectively communicate technically complex information.
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic, fast-paced, frequently changing, and leanly staffed environment.
- Efficiently manage current programs, challenge the status quo, and champion new initiatives.
- A consummate team player who builds highly effective professional relationships and can effectively work with and communicate across multiples levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic holds self and others accountable for achieving required outcomes.
- High energy, sense of urgency, results-oriented with strong operations skillset.
- An established track record of building credibility and trust across the organization, candid communication, high integrity, sound business ethics and judgement.
- Able to quickly learn a company’s priorities and translate them into actionable solutions.
We’d love it if you also had:
- Experience using Workday
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced experience advanced data visualization software
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
To apply for this job please visit wmg.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.