Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat’s research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat has an immediate opening for a highly skilled Compensation Specialist to manage the compensation program for employees engaged in field-based roles. In this position you will use your proven analytical skills and strong organization and communication skills to collaborate with team members and internal clients. Your ability to navigate multiple tasks under tight deadlines will be essential for this role.
- Review current compensation processes and recommend best practices to streamline the Field compensation process through automation and system integration.
- Determine pay ranges for Field job requisitions.
- Coordinate with Project staff and Field Directors to determine hourly pay, bonuses, and annual increases for field staff.
- Monitor and update Federal Government Service Contract Act (SCA) county rate changes monthly.
- Monitor the employee database and partner with Payroll to ensure employees are paid accurately.
- Collaborate with the Project staff and Payroll Department to resolve compensation-related issues.
- Generate data for cost analyses of rates and bonuses.
- Work with the Project staff and Payroll Department to comply with state final pay labor laws. Ensure compliance with all states.
- Train project staff on completing time and expense approver setups and review the setup before submitting to Payroll Department.
- Assists with writing specs for programmers and systems analysts to develop new systems and reports.
- Work closely with the Project, Recruiting, and HRIS teams with ongoing tasks/projects.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of compensation practices and the knowledge and ability to interpret federal, state, and local labor laws.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Experience in a Microsoft Office environment including advanced Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables).
- Possess strong analytical skills with experience conducting data analysis and working with large and complex data sets.
- Experience with Service Contract Act (SCA) rate schedule and laws required.
- Experience developing compensation reports.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
- Organization skills, including time management ability
- Detail oriented
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
- Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Holiday Leave (7 government holidays and 2 floating holidays)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
This opportunity will be posted for a minimum of 5 days and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
The anticipated salary range for this position is 80-95K and will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.